Crushed Candy Bites Recipe
Published 02 December 2021 by Collins234
Something sweet for Christmas?
For those of us with a sweet tooth we have the perfect recipe for you! Our Christmas inspired ‘Crushed Candy Bites’ will give you the sugar hit you need to get you through to Christmas Day. This is an easy recipe with only 5 ingredients and no baking required!
Crushed Candy Bites
These little bite size treats are perfect to eat to get into a festive mood, or for a show stopping dish to bring to a Christmas party.
- 450 grams White Cooking Chocolate Buttons
- Half a tin of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Half a teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
- 2 drops of red Food Colouring
- 10-15 small Candy Canes
- Line a small 20cm tray with baking paper.
- Crush your candy canes in a ziplock bag using a rolling pin. Don’t crush them down to a powder, you will need variance in size for a good crunch. (TIP: Use different colour candy canes for a gemstone look.)
- Slowly melt chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a double boiler, by placing a heat safe bowl over a pot of boiling water. Stir frequently.
- Once the chocolate is melted take your bowl off the heat and quickly mix in the Peppermint extract and 1/2 of your crushed candy canes.
- Add 2 drops of the red food colouring into the chocolate mix and give it a short stir to gently swirl the colour through.
- Pour the contents into a baking tray, keeping the mix around 2-3 cm high in the tray.
- Add remaining crushed candy canes to the top of your mix.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Cut into cubes and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
This recipe is guaranteed to make your Christmas that little bit sweeter. For more sweet recipe inspiration visit Dymocks Bookshop at Collins234 in-store now, or call their friendly team on 9663 0900 for recommendations or to order over the phone.