Ruby Collins NYE Celebration Cocktails
Published 17 December 2021 by Collins234
The Perfect NYE Summer Cocktail
It’s almost time to say hello to a new year with our delicious cocktail recipe ‘The Ruby Collins’! This fizzy, sweet & salty, gin-based cocktail features a delicious ruby grapefruit, and is the perfect match to celebratory sparklers and fireworks.
Grapefruits are known to have a sour taste, but by adding salt you can trick your brain into thinking it’s much sweeter. For this recipe we are using a ruby / pink grapefruit, which has a better balance of sugar and acidity levels than white grapefruits. The darker colour the grapefruit flesh is, the sweeter it will taste.
No fancy ingredients are needed, this easy cocktail is perfect for any kind of New Year’s Eve celebration.
You will need
- 2x Martini glasses
- One small side plate (The circumference of the martini glasses)
- 1 Tablespoon of coarse pink Himalayan salt
- 1 Tablespoon of white / caster sugar
- 1x Ruby / pink grapefruit
- 2x Double shots of gin
- Tonic water
- Cocktail shaker half filled with ice
- On a small plate blend together a tablespoon of the salt and sugar for the rim of the glasses.
- Slice your grapefruit in half, portioning off 2x thin half moon slices for the garnish.
- Rub one of the segments of grapefruit around the rim of each glass, then roll the rims in the salt & sugar mix – so it evenly coats the edges.
- Place the two double shots of gin then squeeze the remaining grapefruit pieces into your shaker of ice.
- Shake your mix for approximately 10 seconds, for the ice to blend & chill your drinks.
- Pour equal amounts of the mix into the two martini glasses, top up with tonic water & place a half moon slice of grapefruit on the side of each glass.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
The ‘Ruby Collins’ Cocktail is guaranteed to make your New Year’s Eve a special celebration. For more cocktail recipe books or inspiration visit Dymocks Bookshop at Collins234 in-store now, or call their friendly team on 9663 0900 for recommendations or to order over the phone.